Students prepare to move in and return to school
COLUMBIA - Across Columbia, apartment and residence hall move-in is in full swing.
When it comes to moving in to a new apartment or residence hall, one expert recommended:
- Moving in during the afternoon in order to avoid the early-morning rush
- Bringing in heavier stuff and saving the lighter stuff for later in the move
- Bringing help to make things run smoothly
- Packing all necessities in one box
- Preparing mentally for the long day ahead
The most important thing though, according to the assistant general manager of The Domain at Columbia, was to remain optimistic about the very stressful day.
"It is a long, stressful day, but it's not that bad because you are getting to move-in, start your school year and it's going to be an awesome year," said Kati Bishop.
According to another source, some move-in don'ts included overpacking, bringing large furniture or any non-seasonal clothing.
For some students on the University of Missouri campus, the move-in process starts as early as Sunday morning. The official opening day for residential halls, however, is Aug. 17.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: