SW Mo. Man Dies of Injuries in House Fire
SPRINGFIELD (AP) - A southwest Missouri man has died of injuries he suffered in a January house fire started by a child playing with a lighter.
The Springfield Fire Department says 31-year-old Derrick Pelliccio died Tuesday at Mercy Hospital. Another resident of the house, 28-year-old Rachel Purcell, was also badly burned in the Jan. 16 fire and remains hospitalized.
Springfield investigators said the two adults were asleep in a bedroom when a child set the bedding on fire with a long-stemmed butane lighter.
One other adult escaped unharmed from the small, one-story house along with three children, ages 1, 2 and 5.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: