Three Businesses Caught Violating Liquor Laws
BOONE COUNTY - The Boone County Sheriff's Department found three businesses in violation of liquor laws on after an alcohol compliance check Thursday.
Deputies discovered Big Muddy Tavern in Hartsburg was serving liquor with an expired liquor license. The incident is being forwarded to the Missouri State Alcohol and Tobacco Control and further action may be taken according to a Boone County Sheriff's Department media release.
Two businesses were issued citations for selling alcohol to a minor during the compliance check. Citations were issued to Joshua Rackers, an employee of Mari's Convenience Store on 1210 East Prathersville Road in Columbia, and Amanda Zimmer, an employee of Ketchum's General Store at 13101 Route B North in Hallsville.
During the compliance checks, an individual under the age of 21 enters a business and attempts to purchase alcohol.
The Boone County Sheriff's Department recognizes the following ten businesses who passed the compliance check.
• Roanoke Fastlane - 7710 Roanoke Drive, Columbia, MO
• Hallsville Market & Deli - 409 Route B, Hallsville, MO
• Casey's - 103 Highway OO, Hallsville, MO
• Casey's - 208 W. Highway 22, Centralia, MO
• Xpress Mart 3 - 204 W. Highway 22, Centralia, MO
• 22 Drive Thru - 889 E. Highway 22, Centralia, MO
• BreakTime - 117 W. Highway 22, Centralia, MO
• Hinton Fastlane - 520 Hinton Rd., Columbia, MO
• Midway Travel Plaza - 6401 Highway 40 West, Columbia, MO
• Midway Little General - 6751 Highway 40 West, Columbia, MO