Toddler Dies in Fire at Grandmother's House

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 1:54 PM by Associated Press

Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

WILLOW SPRINGS- A fire in southwest Missouri has claimed the life of a 2-year-old boy.

Willow Springs Police Chief Dan Dunn says Cooper Bittick died in the fire early Wednesday at his grandmother's house.

Dunn says the fire might have started in the kitchen but the state fire marshal is still investigating.

Officials say the boy's mom had just dropped him off at the home on her way to work before the fire.

The home is a total loss.

KOMU First Alert Weather

Most Popular Right Now

Select a station to view its upcoming show schedule: KOMU 8 CW Mid-Missouri's CW

Coming Up Next

12:30 pmAccess Hollywood
1:00 pmDays of Our Lives
2:00 pmThe Meredith Vieira Show

Tonight's Schedule

7:00 pmHeroes Reborn
8:00 pmThe Blacklist
9:00 pmThe Player

Coming Up Next

12:00 pmJerry Springer
1:00 pmMaury
2:00 pmRules of Engagement

Tonight's Schedule

7:00 pmThe Vampire Diaries
8:00 pmThe Originals
9:00 pmKOMU 8 News @ Nine on The CW
9:30 pmSeinfeld