Trial delayed for man accused of killing 5 in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY (AP) — The trial has been delayed for a man accused of killing five people in Kansas City in 2014.
The Kansas City Star reports Brandon Howell's trial had been scheduled for September 2017, but was delayed Friday until March 2018. The defense sought the delay.
Howell is charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the Sept. 2, 2014, deaths of 69-year-old Susan Choucroun; 88-year-old Lorene Hurst; 63-year-old Darrel Hurst; 80-year-old George Taylor, and 86-year-old Anna Taylor.
Prosecutors have said Howell's accused of assaulting the Taylors in their home, before stealing their SUV and fatally shooting neighbors who happened to be outside.
Jackson County prosecutors have said they are seeking a death sentence for Howell.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: