Unattended Candle Causes House Fire
COLUMBIA - Officials with the Columbia Fire Department said an unattended candle caused a house fire Monday evening.
The Columbia Fire Department said it received a call about a structure fire at 2621 Quail Drive at 7:55 p.m. Monday.
Officials said crews arrived on scene less than five minutes later and didn't see any visible smoke or fire.
Crews entered the home and found a fire in a back bedroom, according to officials, but the fire was put out quickly.
Officials said the occupant of the home said she left a lit candle in the room while she was away from the home.
Crews said the candle caused the fire.
Investigators said the fire caused $1,000 in damage and the damage was contained to the room with the candle.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: