News

UPDATE: Brookside Says Some Units Available After Fire

Posted: May 28, 2012 6:03 PM by KOMU Staff
Updated: May 28, 2012 6:18 PM

Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

COLUMBIA - Brookside Apartments notified its tenants in an email Monday that 40 percent of its units will be available this fall. This comes after a fire raged in the apartment complex under construction early Sunday morning.

"Our construction team and engineers have been working around the clock, and we now have more news to share," said Brookside in the e-mail.

The e-mail said 40 percent of the units will be ready on or shortly after the beginning of school this fall. It said the remaining 60 percent will be ready by October 15. It said these estimates are dependent on investigators turning over the site so construction can resume in the next few days.

The company said it will work Tuesday on temporary housing options at Stephens.

KOMU First Alert Weather

Most Popular