Bank of America Closes Due to Electrical Fire

Related Story

COLUMBIA - The Bank of America on Eighth and Cherry was closed Monday morning after an electrical fire broke out on the upper floor of the building.

Fire Marshal Brad Frazier said crews were dispatched to a fire alarm at 11 am. 

"When they arrived, they were met by maintenance personnel who said there was a fire in an air handling unit on the unoccupied second floor " Frazier said. 

Building owner Paul Land said the fire was contained within moments of the fire department's arrival. Land said workers were inside the building, but no one was hurt. 

"It appears to be a mechanical malfunction with an air handling unit," Frazier said. "It was a mechanical malfunction with air conditioning and heating unit."

Frazier said it was not a very big fire, and the employees at the Bank of America handled the situation well.

 

News