Calwood Family Loses Everything in Trailer Fire

Embed Code Copied

Related Story

CALWOOD - A Calwood family is trying to figure out what to do next after losing everything in a fire. The family's friends and other relatives said the shed behind the house caught fire around 9 p.m. Thursday. They said the fire spread to the trailer, burning everything. The fire was put out about six hours after it started around 3:30 a.m.

The family's relatives say the reason the fire took so long to put out is because there were no fire hydrants near the house. Firefighters had to go the closest hydrant, get the water and come back to the fire.

Fire officials said it was an electrical fire that started in the shed. All family members and pets were able to make it out of the trailer safely.

Southside Baptist Church in Fulton donated a house for the family to stay it while they got on their feet.If you would like to donate to the family, items can be dropped off at church on U.S. 54.

The family is in need of everything, including shoes, shirts, pants, appliances, and money.

Family members provided a few sizes of the family members:

Pants: size 38 inch waist, sizes 14 -16 husky, 14 regular and 12

Shirts: Men's large, Woman's large, kids size 16-18 and 12-14

Shoes: Woman's 9, 5.5/6   Men's 10/11

 

News