Shop gutted by fire, malfunctioning wood stove to blamePosted on 10 November 2017 at 12:45pm
BOONE COUNTY - A fire destroyed a shop on a property north of Columbia on Friday morning.
The fire started shortly after 8 a.m. in the 7500 block of Highway VV. Firefighters with the Boone County Fire Protection District arrived to find the shop on fire, and after putting out the flames, said the shop is a total loss.
No one was hurt, and total damages were estimated at around $75,000. Battalion Chief Gale Blomenkamp told KOMU 8 News the fire was caused by a malfunctioning wood stove.
Most Popular Recent Stories
MU veterinarian warns pet owners on dog food recall Posted on 12 December 2018 at 3:53pm
Lincoln University student leader dies in off-campus incident Posted on 12 December 2018 at 12:22pm
Jefferson City police investigating after person dies from gunshot wound Posted on 12 December 2018 at 10:17am
UPDATE: Parent speaks out after being accused of making threats at Mexico school Posted on 12 December 2018 at 3:24pm
Prosecutors charge Mizzou defensive player with domestic assault Posted on 12 December 2018 at 5:10pm