Shop gutted by fire, malfunctioning wood stove to blamePosted on 10 November 2017 at 12:45pm
BOONE COUNTY - A fire destroyed a shop on a property north of Columbia on Friday morning.
The fire started shortly after 8 a.m. in the 7500 block of Highway VV. Firefighters with the Boone County Fire Protection District arrived to find the shop on fire, and after putting out the flames, said the shop is a total loss.
No one was hurt, and total damages were estimated at around $75,000. Battalion Chief Gale Blomenkamp told KOMU 8 News the fire was caused by a malfunctioning wood stove.
Most Popular Recent Stories
Reuters: Johnson & Johnson knew about asbestos in its baby powder for decades Posted on 14 December 2018 at 12:46pm
Udder surprise: Cow spotted on MU campus for graduation photos Posted on 14 December 2018 at 2:50pm
Facebooks reveals bug exposed 6.8 million users' photos Posted on 14 December 2018 at 11:15am
Key piece of Mizzou South End Zone Project about to disappear Posted on 14 December 2018 at 4:46pm
Bomb threat empties Sandy Hook school on attack anniversary Posted on 14 December 2018 at 12:39pm