Fire chief: No smoke detectors in home where 5 children diedPosted on 13 June 2018 at 2:12pm
LEBANON (AP) — A fire chief says investigators found no smoke detectors in a southern Missouri mobile home where five children died last week.
The Kansas City Star reports that Fire Chief Sam Schneider says the cause of the fire in Lebanon, Missouri, hasn't been determined. The fire killed siblings, 5-year-old Ethan, 2-year-old Maeanna and 1-year-old Benjamin Hunt. It also killed their cousins, 1-year-old Andre and 6-month-old Patience Malleck.
Alee Malleck, the 20-year-old mother of Andre and Patience, was pulled from the burning home through a window and remains unconscious.
Lebanon Mayor Jared Carr has pledged to donate $5,000 of city funds and to match every dollar raised by the community to fund the purchase and inspection of smoke detectors throughout the municipality. Donations can be made beginning June 26 at city hall.
Most Popular Recent Stories
MSHP finds 300 pounds of marijuana in SUV during traffic stop on I-70 Posted on 13 December 2018 at 10:09pm
Facebooks reveals bug exposed 6.8 million users' photos Posted on 14 December 2018 at 11:15am
Study shows positive classroom climate can decrease suspensions Posted on 13 December 2018 at 11:10pm
Reuters: Johnson & Johnson knew about asbestos in its baby powder for decades Posted on 14 December 2018 at 12:46pm
Callaway County Sheriff's Office arrested juvenile for making terrorist threat Posted on 13 December 2018 at 10:41pm