Parts of Centralia under boil water advisoryPosted on 11 July 2018 at 11:54am
CENTRALIA -- The city has issued a water boil advisory for city water customers in certain parts of Centralia. The advisory is not city-wide and does not affect any other water systems.
The affected areas are:
- North Rollins Street from Highway 22 to Wigham Street
- All of Wigham Street
- The 700 block of North Allen to Green Gables
- All of Green Gables
- Fairgrounds from Hickman to Highway 151
Crews will be replacing a water valve on North Rollins Street on July 12. The new material is to be disinfected and flushed for the next two days, with the advisory scheduled to last until 11:00 a.m. on July 14.
The city advised on Facebook for anyone in the affected areas, especially those with small children or compromised immune systems, to follow these precautions:
- Boil water for three minutes before cooking, drinking or brushing teeth.
- Disinfect dishes by submerging them for at least one minute in clean tap water that has one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Throw out ice cubes made after 9:30 a.m. on July 12 and remake with boiled water.
- Generally, it is not necessary to boil water that is used for hand washing or bathing.
- Supervise children while bathing so that they don't drink the water.
- People with cuts or severe rashes may want to talk to their doctors.
- Let water cool before drinking.
Most Popular Recent Stories
Mother said she plans to hire lawyer after son broke his arm at Fulton school Posted on 13 November 2018 at 2:16pm
One woman dead after "weather-related" crash Posted on 13 November 2018 at 7:10am
Missouri State Highway Patrol looks for missing St. Louis woman Posted on 13 November 2018 at 6:39pm
Two men charged in burglary of Lange Middle School in Columbia Posted on 13 November 2018 at 2:29pm
Missouri teacher suspended after student dresses as Klansman Posted on 13 November 2018 at 10:59am