$3.5 Million in Grants Goes to Missouri Organizations
JEFFERSON CITY - The Missouri Community Service Commission has awarded $3.5 million in AmeriCorps grants to 19 local service organizations in Missouri.
The grants will support more than 350 AmeriCorps members across the state who will help students learn to read, mentor at-risk youth, provide health services, respond to disasters, train Missourians in CPR and disaster response, and recruit volunteers.
Local organizations receiving grants include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Missouri, Columbia - $66,500
- CLAIM/Primaris, Columbia - $72,943
- Curators of the University of Missouri, Columbia - $133,000
- Jumpstart, Columbia/Kansas City - $299,884
- Eldon R-1 School District - $212,756
MCSC is a division of the Missouri Department of Economic Development and administers the AmeriCorps program in Missouri, awarding grants as well as providing technical assistance and support.