Bird's nest causes fire at residential care facility
MEXICO - A bird's nest in a roof top air-handling unit caused a fire to ignite at the King’s Daughters Home residential care facility on Friday.
The Mexico Public Safety Department responded to the fire shortly before 6 a.m.
Responders assisted the King’s Daughters Home staff in evacuating residents and documentation for continued care.
The Audrain Ambulance District was also on scene to help care for the residents.
Investigators later determined that a bird nest in a roof top air-handling unit had caught fire. The fire was contained and extinguished and there was no structural damage to the building.
There were no injuries.