Boone County deputies release sobriety checkpoint results
BOONE COUNTY - The Boone County Sheriff's Department released results Monday from its weekend sobriety checkpoints.
Deputies set up checkpoints at Grace Lane and Rolling Hills Road at 11:30 p.m. Friday and in the 4300 block of Mexico Gravel Road at 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
The checkpoints were funded by a grant from the Missouri Department of Transportation Division of Highway Safety. The Columbia Police Department assisted deputies at each checkpoint.
According to BCSD, during the sobriety checkpoints, deputies:
- Checked 72 vehicles
- Arrested one person for Driving While Intoxicated
- Arrested one person for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant
- Cited two people for misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance
- Cited two people for driving with a suspended or revoked driver's license
- Cited one person for operating a motor vehicle without a valid driver's license
- Cited one person for a registration violation