Boone County Sheriff's Department Announces Prescription Drug Takeback
BOONE COUNTY - The Boone County Sheriff's Department announced it will partner with the Youth Community Coalition and municipal police departments to host a prescription drug take-back event on April 27th and 28th.
The agencies aim to provide appropriate disposal for expired, unused or unwanted prescription medications to prevent them from improper use or distribution.
On Friday, April 27th, there will be two collection sites:
- Harry S. Truman VA Hospital, 800 Hospital Drive, Columbia (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- MU Student Center, University of Missouri, Columbia (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
On Saturday, April 28th, there will be six collection sites (all from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.):
- Ashland High School, 14520 Crump Lane, Ashland
- Centralia Police Department lobby, 114 S. Rollins, Centralia
- Hallsville Intermediate School commons, 412 E. Highway 124, Hallsville
- Hickman High School, 1104 N. Providence Road, Columbia
- Rock Bridge High School, 4303 S. Providence Road, Columbia
- Sturgeon High School, 24350 N. Fairgrounds Road, Sturgeon
The agencies will give all medication collected to the Drug Enforcement Agency for collection.