Columbia Issues Peak Warning
The department asks energy customers to conserve Wednesday afternoon between noon and 7 p.m.
The department offers these steps to conserve energy:
- Set thermostats to 78 degrees and turn up the thermostat to 82 degrees when the building is unoccupied.
- Close window shades that receive direct sunlight.
- Delay doing laundry.
- Postpone using automatic dishwashers and dehumidifiers.
- Avoid heating up the kitchen by grilling, using the microwave or preparing a cool meal.
- Check and change the air conditioning/furnace filter so the unit can run efficiently.