Fan Primer for NCAA Super Regionals
COLUMBIA - For the second straight year, the Missouri softball team will play host to the NCAA Super Regional round, as they welcome the Washington Huskies for the best-of-three set. The Huskies come to Columbia for the first time ever after going 3-0 in their regional in Seattle. Missouri won the Columbia Regional to advance to the Supers for the fourth straight year.
SATURDAY'S FAMILY FAN FEST - 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Located in the softball parking lot north of University Field
- Will feature face painting, inflatable games, balloon artist, and more
- Free food and drinks
- Monetary donations for the Joplin Relief efforts will be accepted. One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. United for Joplin.
WEAR GOLD - All three scheduled games will be televised on the ESPN network, and we want to make sure the bleachers are lined with Missouri Tiger gold. The more gold in the stands, the more impressive University Field looks on television - show the country that Missouri softball offers one of the best game day experiences out there!
PACK THE HOUSE - Missouri softball fans have been setting University Field attendance records all season long, and we want to continue that this weekend. Last year, 1,702 fans saw Mizzou beat Oregon in game one of the Super Regionals - a postseason record - while over 2,400 fans saw Missouri take on Texas earlier this year. We'd love to shatter both those marks this weekend, so come out and show why Tiger fans are the best in the country!
GET YOUR TICKETS - Tickets are available at the Mizzou Arena Ticket Office, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Orders can also be placed through 1-800-CAT-PAWS. Gates open 90 minutes prior to first pitch each day. For prices, check out the NCAA Super Regional Central page.
CAN'T MAKE IT? - Even if you can't make it out to University Field this weekend, there are still plenty of ways you can follow the games between Missouri and Washington.
- WATCH ESPN: All three scheduled games will be aired on the ESPN network. Game one starts at 8 p.m. CT on Saturday on ESPN2, with Sunday's two contests still to be determined. Justin Kutcher and Amanda Scarborough will have the call.
- WATCH ONLINE: These three games will also be broadcast online at ESPN3.com.
- LISTEN TO KTGR: KTGR in Columbia will broadcast every game this weekend at 1580 AM and 100.5 FM. Will Palaszczuk will provide play-by-play for the best-of-three series.
- LISTEN TO KCOU: The University of Missouri's student-run station, KCOU, will also provide radio coverage of the weekend's games. Fans can tune in to 88.1 FM or check in online at www.kcou.fm to hear their broadcast.
PRIDE POINTS: Remember our Pride Points that encompass all of the above.
- Wear Gold
- Be Responsible
- Arrive Early/Stay Late
- Celebrate Our Traditions
- Respect the Game
The University of Missouri Athletic Department thanks you for your support.