Fire damages deck at south Columbia apartment Sunday morning
COLUMBIA — The Columbia Fire Department said a fire broke out early Sunday morning at Copper Beech in south Columbia.
Firefighters were dispatched to 3203 Old 63 South at 12:44 a.m.
Seven units responded to the call and arrived less than four minutes after the initial call. Firefighters said they found smoke and flames coming from a deck.
Crews were able to put out the flames in about ten minutes. Fire damage was contained to the deck and siding.
Assistant Fire Marshal Jim Pasley estimated damages to be about $3,000.
The Columbia Fire Department said the fire originated in a five gallon bucket used to discard ashes.
There were no injuries.