Fire damages gift shop in south Columbia
COLUMBIA - An electrical fire at a Columbia shop caused about $10,000 in damages Sunday afternoon.
The Columbia Fire Department was able to quickly put out the fire at Southport Marketplace on 108 Corporate Lake Drive.
"We are blessed that our fire department was there in time to control it and no one was hurt," the store said on its Facebook page.
The fire started on a display shelf. No one was inside, the fire department said.
Southport Marketplace said it is closed for now, but plans to reopen in September.