Man dies during smoke break in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A dishwasher at a St. Louis restaurant has died after falling ill during a smoke break.
KSDK-TV reports that the man was smoking in a bathroom about 4 p.m. Tuesday at Carmine's Steakhouse when he suffered a cardiac episode. Fire Capt. Gregg Favre says the man ignited himself during the smoke break, but authorities aren't yet sure if the heart issue or the burn came first.
Paramedics arrived to find the man on the ground with burns to his lower torso, and suffering from the cardiac problem. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The man's name has not been released.