Mizzou Earns 11 National TV Dates on Big 12 Schedule
COLUMBIA - The Big 12 Conference released its 2011-12 league schedule on Thursday and for the fourth consecutive season Missouri Basketball was the recipient of a record number of national television contests. Head Coach Frank Haith's crew will appear on national TV 11 times during league play this year, including two Big Monday games and a CBS showdown with Kansas.
This season marks the first under the Big 12's improved 18-game format. The Tigers will play nine league home games, including the opener on January 4 vs. Lon Kruger and the Oklahoma Sooners. That date could be altered slightly for television consideration. Game date/time confirmation will come later this summer.
Here is a list of Big 12 Schedule:
- January 4 vs. Oklahoma: TBA
- January 7 at Kansas State: 12:30 PM on Big 12 Network
- January 11 at Iowa State: 7 PM on Big 12 Network
- January 14 vs. Texas: 12 PM on ESPN2
- January 16 vs. Texas A&M: 4:30 PM on ESPN Big Monday
- January 21 at Baylor: 1 PM on ESPN
- January 25 at Oklahoma State: 6:30 PM on ESPN2
- January 28 vs. Texas Tech: 12:30 PM on Big 12 Network
- January 30 at Texas: 8PM on ESPN Big Monday
- February 4 vs. Kansas: TBA on ESPN
- February 6 at Oklahoma: 6 PM on ESPNU
- February 11 vs. Baylor: 12:30 PM on Big 12 Network
- February 15 vs. Oklahoma State: 8 PM on ESPN2
- February 18 at Texas A&M: 1 PM on ESPN/ESPN2
- February 21 vs. Kansas State: 6 PM on ESPN2
- February 25 at Kansas: 3 PM on CBS
- February 29 vs. Iowa State: 7 PM on Big 12 Network
- March 3 at Texas Tech: 3 PM on Big 12 Network
Missouri officials are awaiting regional round game assignments for the 2011 CBE Classic. Those two preliminary round games will be played at Mizzou Arena in November. Once those games are finalized by tournament organizers Missouri's completed non-conference schedule will be released.
In addition, Missouri Basketball's season ticket renewal deadline is August 19. Fans broke the Mizzou Arena attendance record in 2010-11 and the club returns nearly 90 percent of statistical totals from last year.