National Weather Service to hold storm spotter courses
COLUMBIA - The National Weather Service will be conducting their Severe Storm Spotter and Weather Safety training courses in February and March.
This is a great way to learn more about how thunderstorms behave and what features to look for when observing a severe thunderstorm. This is also a great time to ask your meteorologists any questions you may have about the weather.
These evening classes usually last for about 2 hours with a 15 minute break. Refreshments are not typically provided.
- Feb. 2 - Pettis County, 7:00 p.m.
- Feb. 8 - Linn County (Brookfield), 7:00 p.m.
- Feb. 23 - Boone County, 6:30 p.m.
- Feb. 27 - Crawford County, 6:30 p.m.
- Feb. 28 - Marion County (Hannibal), 6:30 p.m.
- March 1 - Randolph County, 7:00 p.m.
- March 1 - Pulaski County, 6:30 p.m.
- March 8 - Saline County, 7:00 p.m.
- March 9 - Crawford County (Sullivan/Bourbon), 6:30 p.m.
- March 13 - Maries County, 6:30 p.m.
- March 28 - Cooper County, 7:00 p.m.
- March 28 - Cole County, 6:30 p.m.
For the complete list of dates, times and locations you can visit their websites.