New Money to Combat Drugs and Crime
JEFFERSON CITY - Law enforcement agencies in Mid-Missouri are set to receive more than $950,000 to combat drug-related crimes. According to the Missouri Department of Public Safety, several grants will utilize money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Among programs receiving grant money:
- The East Central Drug Task Force in Audrain County: $184,991
- The Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group in Camden County: $253,810
- The Mid-Missouri Unified Strike Team and Narcotic Group in Cole County: $267,579
- Maries County Sheriff's Office: $9,987
- The Mid-Missouri Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Task Force in Morgan County: $251,113