Oklahoma man found dead after Missouri fire
ST. CLAIR (AP) — Firefighters who put out a blaze in an eastern Missouri wooded area found a man's body in what's being considered an accidental death.
Authorities say the body of 65-year-old Bill Barrett of Sparks, Oklahoma, was discovered early Thursday on property belonging to his sister near St. Clair in Franklin County.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Barrett had been living with his sister in recent months while undergoing St. Louis medical treatment.
Franklin County Sheriff Steve Pelton theorizes that Barrett perhaps went outside to smoke a cigarette while on medication that made him confused, and an ensuing blaze got out of control in the dry woods and windy conditions.