Road closures for Fire in the Sky announced
COLUMBIA - The Columbia City Manager's office announced road closures for the annual Fourth of July Fire in the Sky event on Monday.
Parking is not permitted after 5 p.m. on any road that closes at 7 p.m. A full list of the roads closing is below.
- Fourth Street by Flat Branch Park will close from Cherry Street to Locust Street from 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- The Fourth Street entrance to Flat Branch Pub and Brewing Company will close at 1 p.m. The recommended alternative is the parking structure under the building to westbound Locust to Providence Road
- Fifth Street from Cherry Street to Locust Street and just north of the mosque parking lot will be closed at 7 p.m.
- Sixth Street from Broadway south to just north of the Heinkel parking lot entrance.
- Seventh Street between Locust Street and Elm Street will be closed at 1 p.m.
- Elm Street between Sixth Street and Eighth Street will be closed at 1 p.m.
- Locust Street from Providence Road to Sixth Street and Seventh Street at the Heinkel parking lot will be closed at 7 p.m.
- Cherry Street from Fifth Street to Seventh Street will be closed at 7 p.m.
No parking will be permitted at the Fifth Street and Cherry Street parking garage starting Sunday, July 3, at 7 p.m. Parking will not be permitted in the lot to the west of the garage starting Monday, July 4, at 5 p.m.
Free parking is available throughout the district, on the University of Missouri campus and in any city or university owned lots and garages, unless otherwise marked.
Parking meters will not be enforced starting at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 2, until 9 a.m. Tuesday, July 5.
CoMo Connect will run buses on a typical Monday schedule with extended late night hours until approximately 10: 15 p.m.