JEFFERSON CITY - A Jefferson City High School teacher has been charged with two counts of second-degree statutory rape. Brent Roark has been on paid leave while district officials and Jefferson City police investigated. He appeared in Cole County Court Wednesday. The indictment against Roark alleges two encounters occurred with a female under the age of 17. The school district said Roark is a math teacher and has also been an assistant coach of the softball team.
Currently in Columbia
50°F / 33°F
- Teenager dies in Sunday south Columbia shooting
- Changes to Columbia trash collection to take effect Monday
- Forecast: Parts of Mid-MO to see snow on Monday
- CDC warns of multi-state Listeria outbreak linked to deli meats
- Missouri wide receiver arrested, dismissed from team
- Who is paying for the Amendment 3 fight?
- Judge cancels Amish brothers' probation, sends to prison
- Police investigate shots fired in south Columbia
- Family remembers Columbia teenager killed in weekend shooting
- DATA: Tracking COVID-19 by mid-Missouri counties