Tigers Ready for Softball World Cup
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - Fresh off a second place finish at the Canadian Open Fastpitch International Championships, Missouri's Rhea Taylor and Chelsea Thomas are set to begin play at the World Cup of Softball VI, held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Thomas, Taylor and the rest of Team USA will go up against five other national teams in a round-robin format, beginning Thursday, July 21 at 7 p.m. CT against the Czech Republic. The two teams with the best record will then face each other in a winner-take-all championship game, beginning Monday, July 25 at 8 p.m. CT. All games will be televised on ESPN.
Team USA's Tentative Schedule
- Thursday, July 21 at 7 PM: USA vs. Czech Republic on ESPN/ESPN3.com
- Friday, July 22 at 7 PM: USA vs. Australia on ESPN/ESPN3.com
- Saturday, July 23 at 1 PM: USA vs. Canada on ESPN/ESPN3.com (Tape delayed broadcast of Noon game)
- Saturday, July 23 at 8 PM: USA vs. Japan on ESPN2/ESPN3.com
- Sunday, July 24 at 4 PM: USA vs. Great Britain on ESPN2/ESPN3.com
- Monday, July 25 at 8 PM: Championship Game on ESPN2/ESPN3.com