Timeline: From Haith to Anderson
COLUMBIA - In the past two weeks the University of Missouri Athletic Department has lost men's basketball head coach Frank Haith and hired Kim Anderson as his replacement.
Frank Haith was the head coach for three seasons leading the MU Tigers to two NCAA tournament appearances. He left MU with a record of 47 wins and 28 losses, winning 73 percent of his games.
Kim Anderson played forward for the Missouri Tigers from 1973 to 1977. He was the BIG 8 player of the year in 1977, averaging 18.3 points a game. He became the head coach at Central Missouri State in 2003 leading the mules to two final fours and a NCAA Division Two National Championship this season.
KOMU 8 put together a time line of the recent events:
- March 23 - Mizzou season ends with a 71 to 63 NIT loss to the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles.
- April 17 - Former Missouri head coach Frank Haith flies to Tulsa.
- April 18 - Haith is announced as the new head coach to the University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane.
- April 19 - Kim Anderson is contacted about the coaching position at Mizzou.
- April 28 - Anderson is named the Tiger's new head coach.
- April 29 - Anderson is officially announced as the new head coach at a news conference.