Woman, two children die in University City fire
UNIVERSITY CITY - A fire that killed an elderly woman and two children in University City was caused by a space heater, the town's fire chief said Thursday.A woman and two children are dead following a house fire in University City.
The fire broke out Wednesday night in the St. Louis suburb, and the home was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. Firefighters pulled 78-year-old Mamie Williams, 4-year-old Trevion Dunger and 6-year-old Kaliyah Dunger from the home. All three were taken to hospitals where they died.
Williams is believed to be the great-grandmother of the children.
Four others escaped without injuries.