4-14-11 barn fire
COLUMBIA - A fire swept through a barn off of West Gillespie Bridge Road, causing it to collapse Wednesday night. Farmer George Tutt told a KOMU 8 reporter that he saw the fire around 10:30 p.m.
He recalled that the flames were so hot, his face burned after being as close as he was. Tutt believes the fire started from a heat lamp in the barn.
The barn held about 40 pigs. He doesn't think any of them made it out alive. He said one pig, named Dora, was outside of the barn during the fire.