Beat the Heat in Columbia
COLUMBIA - Cooling centers are open to the public and designed to provide relief during normal business hours from the heat. The facilities provide air conditioning, access to restrooms, and in some cases drinking water.
The centers are not equipped to handle residents that need medical attention or a place to sleep. They are in place to provide a break the daily Missouri heat.
2011 Columbia Cooling Centers
Location Address Phone Hours
1. ARC 1707 West Ash Street 573.874.7700
2. Armory Sports and Community Center 701 East Ash Street 573.874.7466
3. Columbia Public Library 100 West Broadway 573.443.3161
4. Missouri United Methodist Church 204 South 9th Street 573.443.3111
5. Oakland Senior Center 805 Old Hwy 63 North 573.449.8000
6. Public Health and Human Services Department 1005 West Worley 573.874.7345
7. Salvation Army 1108 West Ash Street 573.442.3229
8. Salvation Army Harbor House 602 North Ann 573.442.198
For more information, click here.