Firefighters Respond to Structure Fire on McGee Road

Related Story

BOONE COUNTY - The Boone County Fire District responded to a structure fire on McGee Road Tuesday night.

Smoke filled up a home after a small fire ignited in the kitchen. About nine units were at the scene, but firefighters said the smoke was contained immediately.

Boone County Fire District Lieutenant Stephen Dunkin said the fire was not major.

"When we got here, we found that there was just smoke in the building," said Dunkin. "The homeowner just had an issue with his oven."

Firefighters shut down the fuel to the propane stove and remained on the scene until it was safe for the homeowner to return.