MoDOT Starts Improvements at Stadium Boulevard
COLUMBIA- The Missouri Department of Transportation begins working Sunday to widen Stadium Boulevard and building a diamond interchange at the intersection of Interstate 70 and Stadium Blvd.
The Route 740 project will cost approximately $15 million. MoDOT, the City of Columbia and two transportation development districts are funding the project.
The Central District Traffic Engineer Trent Brooks says, "We're pleased to again work with the City of Columbia to revise the flow of traffic near the Columbia Mall during the holiday season... It has proven to be very successful in keeping traffic flowing and minimizing delays and frustrations for motorists."
The following changes will occur:
- The I-70 south outer roadway will become right turn in, right turn out to both sides of Stadium Boulevard.
- Left turn movements will not be permitted to or from Stadium Boulevard. Motorists on the east side of Stadium should use Beverly Drive and Bernadette Drive to access Stadium Boulevard.
- Motorists on the west side of Stadium Boulevard can use Knipp Street and Bernadette Drive to access Stadium Boulevard.
- The signals at Stadium and the south outer roadway will be adjusted to allow for an extension of the left turn lane from southbound Stadium Boulevard to eastbound Bernadette Drive.
- The left turn lane for northbound Stadium Boulevard to westbound I-70 will also be extended to handle additional traffic.
For more information on project Route 740 click here.